Monday, September 1, 2008

Preparing for the Journey

So on the eve of my fourth (and final) year of Seminary at Candler School of Theology I was reading the blogs of my good friends, and decided that this may be a great way to tell people about what is going on in my life. My good friend Jill, Erik, and Lance each have a blog themselves and after reading the latest posts for each of them I decided that this is a great way to keep up with people and to just write about what is going on in my life.

I named the blog The traveling Karney because I have a love for traveling and for those that know me best they know that every trip I make rather to another hemisphere, or to the grocery store next door, a story always seems to ensue. I have wondered about this title for some time and I think that using my namesake is appropriate, after all most people in my life know me as Karney.

Now to quickly clear up any confusion; my name is Kimberly Carney, but I sign my name Karney, this comes from a mistake on day made on the signature line of a credit card receipt. i left the C out of my last name and when I realized it was easier to sign Karney it stuck. And there are many Kimberly's, Kim's and Kimmie's in the world and well there are not many Karney's. I figure a uniques person such as myself deserved a unique name.

So I welcome you all to my blog. I promise to attempt to post stories of laughter and silliness, words of wisdom that provoke thought, and a look into my life that is unlike any other I have ever provided.

Enjoy,
Karney

No comments: